Download E-books Data Warehousing And Business Intelligence For e-Commerce (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems) PDF
By Alan R. Simon
You log on to shop for a digicam. quickly, you understand you've got obtained a dearer digital camera than meant, in addition to additional batteries, charger, and portraits software-all on the prompting of the retailer.
Happy along with your purchases? The store definitely is, and when you are too, you either should be stated to be the beneficiaries of "customer intimacy" accomplished throughout the transformation of information accrued in this stopover at or kept from past visits into genuine enterprise intelligence that may be exercised in genuine time.
Data Warehousing and enterprise Intelligence for e-Commerce is a pragmatic exploration of the technological suggestions wherein conventional info warehousing is dropped at endure in this and different much less modest e-commerce functions, similar to these at paintings in B2B, G2C, B2G, and B2E versions. The authors study the center applied sciences and advertisement items in use at the present time, supplying a nuts-and-bolts figuring out of ways you could install purchaser and product info in ways in which meet the original specifications of the net marketplace-particularly while you are a part of a brick-and-mortar corporation with particular on-line aspirations. In so doing, they construct a strong case for funding in and competitive improvement of those ways, that are more likely to separate winners from losers as e-commerce grows and matures.
* contains the newest from profitable information warehousing experts whose paintings has inspired the field's new specialize in e-commerce.
* provides info that's written for either experts and practitioners in businesses of all sizes.
* Emphasizes the distinct wishes and possibilities of conventional brick-and-mortar companies which are logging on or partaking in B2B offer chains or e-marketplaces.
* Explains how long-standing assumptions approximately info warehousing must be rethought in gentle of rising enterprise versions that depend upon purchaser intimacy.
* presents suggestion on keeping info caliber and integrity in environments marked by way of broad purchaser self-input.
* Advocates cautious making plans that may aid either outdated financial system and new economic system businesses enhance long-lived and profitable e-commerce strategies.
* makes a speciality of info warehousing for rising e-commerce parts equivalent to e-government and B2E environments.